How will private SAT math tutoring help?
The SAT Math test is 80 minutes long and is divided into a 55 minute Calculator portion that has 38 questions and a 25 minute No-Calculator portion with 20 questions. The test includes 45 multiple choice and 13 Student Produced Response questions.
The content of the math tests includes
- Heart of Algebra: 19 questions that include fluency solving linear equations and systems of linear equations; creating linear equations and systems of linear equations
Problem Solving and Data Analysis: 17 questions that include creating and analyzing relationships using ratios, proportional relationships, percentages, units
- Passport to Advanced Math: 16 questions that include identifying and creating equivalent algebraic expressions; creating, analyzing, and fluently solving quadratic and other nonlinear equations; creating, using, and graphing exponential, quadratic, and other nonlinear functions. (ETS: The Official SAT Study Guide, 2018)
What are the benefits of ACT math tutoring?
Students work with a math teacher/coach who will show each student how
- To set a goal score
- Review the major math topics on the test
- Identify specific strategies for each content area
- Estimate efficiently
- To pace their progress and when to guess on questions.
- To use the calculator for maximum effect