What are the benefits of working towards the highest possible score?
- College Entrance – higher scores open many more doors
- Scholarships – every point counts. The higher the score, the higher the scholarship. ACT scores are directly tied to scholarships as well as awards.
- A score of 31 or higher automatically earns a Missouri resident a $3,000.00 “Bright Flight” scholarship to all Missouri colleges and universities.
- Keeps students out of remedial English and math classes in college. Scores below 18 in English and 21 in math require students to take them. The remedial classes cost the same as regular classes but offer no credits.
What colleges and universities accept the ACT?
- All accredited colleges and universities in the U.S. accept the ACT.
How is the ACT test structured?
- Multiple choice standardized test questions
- Four sections: English, Math, Reading, and Science
- Scored on a scale of 1-36; 21 is the approximate state and national average.
- Offered six times each year: September, October, December, February, April, and June. For a charge, students can order copies of their graded December, April, and June ACT tests.
What is the ACT optional writing section?
- Measures a student’s reasoning and writing skills
- The test is scored on a scale of 8-36 based on 4 domain scores, each having a scale of 2-12. Writing score is not included in the composite score but yields two additional scores: a Writing Score and a Composite English/Writing Score.
What is the ACT Super Score some colleges and universities are now using?
- The Super Score is obtained by computing the highest subject score a student earns on all prior ACT tests in English, Reading, Math, and Science.
- Super scores help both students and universities raise composite scores.
Example: a student who has scored an 18, 21, and 24 on three Math ACT tests will receive a 24 on the math super score.
Does the ACT offer accommodations?
- ACT provides accommodations, including extra time, for students with IEPS and 504 Plans.
- Request for accommodations must be made by the school counselor at least 6 weeks before the test.
What is the minimum ACT score required for the University of Missouri?
- Minimum ACT score for entry to the University of Missouri is a 21.
- Average ACT score at the University of Missouri is a 25.
When are the 2019-2020 ACT Test Dates?
|ACT Test Date||Registration Deadline||(Late Free Required)||Multiple-choice scores first posted online|
|December 14, 2019||November 8, 2019||November 9-22, 2019||December 24, 2019 - February 7, 2020|
|February 8, 2020||January 10, 2020||January 11-17, 2020||February 19 - April 4, 2020|
|April 4, 2020||February 28, 2020||February 29-March 13, 2020||April 14 - May 28, 2020|
|June 13, 2020||May 8, 2020||May 9-22, 2020||June 23 - August 7, 2020|
|July 18, 2020||June 19, 2020||June 20-26, 2020||July 28 - August 31, 2020|
Minimum ACT scores for University of Missouri Scholarships
|Award||ACT Score||Other criteria||Application||Scholarship Amount|
|Quadrangle Award||30||Homeschooled or non-accredited high school||Automatic||$2000|
|Mizzou Scholars Award||33||Excellent high school record||Apply by Dec 1 with resume and essay||$10000|
|Dr. Donald Suggs Scholarship||27||Minority Scholarship||Apply by Dec 1||$15000 with additional $7000 possible for study abroad|
|George C. Brooks Scholarship||25||Minority Scholarship||Apply by Dec 1||$7500|
20 Highest Ranked Colleges
|4 (tied)||University of Chicago||32/35|
|7||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||33/35|
|9||University of Pennsylvania||31/34|
|10 (tied)||California Institute of Technology||34/35|
|10 (tied)||Johns Hopkins||31/34|
|12 (tied)||Dartmouth College||30/34|
|12 (tied)||Northwestern University||31/34|
|15 (tied)||Cornell University||30/34|
|15 (tied)||Vanderbilt University||32/34|
|15 (tied)||Washington University||32/34|
|18 (tied)||Rice University||31/34|
|18 (tied)||University of Notre Dame||32/34|
ACT scores for direct admission to competitive programs at the University of Missouri
|Program||ACT Composite||ACT Math|
|Civil and Environmental Engineering||32||32|
|Electrical and Computer Engineering||32||32|
|Mechanical and Aerospace||32||32|
|Industrial and Manufacturing Systems||32||32
Average ACT Scores for Missouri Colleges and Universities
|School||Average ACT Score|
|Central Methodist University||21|
|Missouri University of Science & Technology||28|
|Missouri State University||24|
|University of Missouri||25|
|University of Missouri-Kansas City||24|