Why the ACT JUMP START? What is the ACT FISH BOWL?
The ACT Jump Start prepares students from being blindsided by this tricky and high-stakes test. The ACT FISH BOWL allows teacher-coaches to observe, learn the ACT content and strategies, and then use their own class power points to teach further sections.
- Students participate in two, 2:15 sessions — English/Reading and Math/Science — and learn the content and structure of each test. Participants have a 30-minute break between the two sessions.
- GOAL SCORES and PACING—the key elements for success! Students learn how to set their goal score and use pacing strategies to reach it.
- Students review the key traps and tricks on each subject test.
- Students review critical content in English, math, reading, and science.
Students receive a comprehensive handout of the key tips, tricks, and strategies from the class power point to follow during lecture and later for review. They use the ACT test 76CPRE to take practice passages in class, and use for further practice.
- Up to 20 students work with E/R and M/S teachers
- Zoom $975
- Live $1200
- $55 for each additional student
- Schools have the option to print the class resources, or we can bring printed packets starting at $15/student. For Zoom classes, shipping will be extra.
- Mileage at $.585/mile for two ACT coaches
- If the driving time exceeds 2 hours or class begins before 9:30 a.m., hotel accommodations for the first teacher for one session class or two rooms for two sessions.
Cost for Teachers in Fish Bowl
The cost per teacher is $100 for class participation, which includes a copy of the jumpstart class teaching power point & documents explaining the solutions, methods, and approaches to test questions. Each participating school can also purchase additional ACT materials – workbooks, worksheets, power points for longer ACT classes, & additional practice ACT tests.
Contact us for more details!
A great introductory class for both first-time test takers and students who want a refresher. It sets the foundation for further prep. It is also a mini hands-on coaching class for teachers.