We offer effective math tutoring in several forms, depending on the needs of each student
Enrichment Tutoring – For students who are already doing well in math but could be challenged even more. This instruction shows students the “big picture” of mathematics and how concepts are integrated.
Short-term Remediation – For good math students who have difficulty with specific topics. The tutor diagnoses the difficulty by watching the student work problems from that topic then encouraging him/her to ask questions. The teacher then chooses the most effective way to proceed: identify missing details or re-teach.
Long-term Remediation – For students who need more detail and support
What is math tutoring?
Private math tutoring helps students to develop the essential math skills they need to perform well in high school classes and the ACT and SAT exams. Math matters. In the age of smartphones, multimedia communications, and fast-paced global trade, a sold grasp of mathematics is more than a helpful tool — it has become a survival skill.
Most colleges require college algebra and statistics as a graduation requirement. In the 21st century
Students who have mastered math score higher on the ACT and SAT and have greater success in college across a wide range of majors. They will also have many more career options.
What are the benefits math tutoring?
Private math tutoring helps students
- Understand math concepts
- Develop confidence
- Apply new skills in multiple contexts
Targets the student’s needs
- Teaches math strategies
- Boosts subject understanding
- Guilt-free learning environment to ask challenging questions
- Helps students with homework
- Personalizes instruction
- Reduces math anxiety
- Improves accuracy
- Enhances confidences to tackle problems
- Comprehend when and why to apply their skills
- Develop critical problem-solving and analytical thinking skills
- Allows teachers to identify and fill gaps in math background
- Work across the math curriculum
- Algebra 1, 2
Register for private math tutoring