Private SAT tutoring brings fast results because every session is geared specifically to what YOU need. The verbal tests are more subtle and demanding than those on the ACT. You need to know the rules of punctuation and grammar to do well on the Writing and Language Test. The reading passages are diverse and demand higher levels of inferencing. The math SAT tests also require out-of-the-box reasoning, though the content of the test is based on the traditional Algebra I and II, and Geometry curriculum. You will be allowed to use your calculator one only one of the two math subtests.
The SAT is not an easy test, and effective prep can make all the difference. . High SAT scores hold the keys to college admission and scholarship awards, and private SAT tutoring will help maximize your scores.
Why would private SAT tutoring help me?
Private SAT tutoring gears every session to your specific strengths and needs. SAT tutors are specialists in their field and trained coaches who will share proven test-taking strategies while also answering content-based questions. This is a total win-win for you
During private SAT tutoring sessions, students
- Set a goal score and learn how many questions you need to answer correctly to reach it.
- Work with two subject specialist coaches: English/Reading and Math.
- Receive customized test-taking strategies and subject review in English and Math.
- Complete homework that includes practice tests and review.
- Base the number of tutoring sessions you sign up for on your initial score and the goal score you are trying to achieve. A suggested rule of thumb number is 8 hours for the Comprehension and Writing sections and 4-6 for the math. Some students require more—others fewer hours.
What are the advantages of private SAT tutoring?
Private tutoring offers advantages over test prep class sessions.
- Flexible scheduling, including weekends
- Instruction geared entirely to your needs
- Homework assignments individualized for you—built-in review is included as you need it.
- Immediate feedback and assessment of your progress
- Comfortable environment for asking questions
Who benefits of private ACT tutoring?
- Every student who plans to take the test but has not yet reaching his/her goal score
- Top scorers pushing towards 800 on verbal and math
- Students whose skills do not translate to standardized tests