Avoid unwelcome surprises: students learn the content and major strategies on the ACT
Students in our ACT Jump Start class will learn
The test-taking strategies that lead to the correct answer.
To avoid the traps that derail scores.
The pacing strategies that are critical for success.
What sets our online-live ACT Jump Start class apart from others?
The class content of the ACT Prep Jump Start is drawn from the extensive ACT preparation materials that have been developed by two professional subject specialists, Dr. Ene-Kaja Chippendale and Dr. Gary Moss. They have worked to provide the most up-to-date and comprehensive ACT test prep for over 30 years and know what content and strategies are the most relevant for a fast class.
The course is different from our competitors because it
- Incorporates some specific content review in English and math
- Is taught by experienced teacher/coaches who can answer content-based questions as well as teach specific test-taking strategies
In our live-online ACT Jump Start Class, students will be taught the step-by-step process about how to
- Set a goal score and determine how many questions must be answered to reach it.
- Eliminate incorrect answer choices
- Decide when it’s best to just guess
- Prioritize questions
- Transfer answers to bubble sheet quickly and accurately
- Program their calculator for best results on the math test
Our goal is to make sure students are familiar with the content of each test and know how to read/interpret questions correctly. The ACT test is difficult, and students who take it for the first time without having had any prep can be overwhelmed and discouraged. Some just say “I felt stupid.” Our four-hour class will prevent unexpected, nasty surprises. Most students struggle with both the way each subtest is structured and how to pace themselves so they don’t run out of time.
Our ACT Jump Start class students will learn
The ACT English section of our class will cover
- The major patterns of punctuation
- The major rules of grammar
- The most common traps
The ACT math section of our class will teach students to
- Program and use their calculator efficiently
- Focus on the first 30 questions by applying Pre-Algebra, Elementary and Intermediate Algebra, and Plane Geometry to
- Estimate to eliminate incorrect answers
The ACT reading section of our class will teach students how to
- Determine how many passages to read to reach their goal score
- Read and interpret questions before reading the passage
- Eliminate bogus answer choices
The ACT science section of our class will teach students
- How to identify the three types of passage: data representation, research summaries, and conflicting viewpoint
- How to determine which passages to work on and when to guess
- To apply both general strategies for the test and specific strategies for one practice passage.
By the end of our ACT Jump Start students will have
- A step-by-step guide for approaching each ACT test, starting with knowing how much time to spend on each test and each question on the test.
- Some key strategies for interpreting questions and eliminating incorrect answers for each test.
- More confidence because the content will be familiar.
- Developed confidence in their answers and not second guess themselves.
ACT Jump Start dates for the February 6th, 2021 ACT test
[table “35” not found /]