What is ACT Academy/ACT Fishbowl Academy??
The ACT Academy is for students only. The ACT Fishbowl Academy allows teachers preparing to coach the ACT to observe.
It is a comprehensive class that includes
- Intensive subject reviews in English and math.
- Tested ACT strategies for each subject area. We differentiate according to students’ goal scores and do not offer a one-size fits all prep program.
- Materials: two student workbooks (English/Reading and Math/Science), 4 retired ACT tests, and supplemental materials.
- Weekly homework that includes both review and taking practice ACT passages.
- –We offer a choice of one or two sections/day. One section alternates teachers after 2.5-hours. Two sections work concurrently, flipping after 2.5 hrs. —Instructors: Dr. Chippendale, Dr. Moss or experienced FOL teacher -coaches.
Class size limited to 30 for one section and 60 for two sections. For two sections, we group students into “high” and “lower” groups according to past ACT scores or G.P.A
The Academy can be scheduled for every ACT test. We recommend an October or December Academy for seniors and an April Academy for juniors.
Contact us for exact pricing.
ACT Academy Cost
- $245/student (minimum of 10 students for 1 group)
- Mileage at $.575/mile for teachers
- If the driving time exceeds 2 hours or class begins before 9:30 a.m., hotel accommodations for the teachers.
In the Fish-Bowl Academy, teachers observe Focus teachers teach the classes. The Fishbowl is a “lab” class for teachers who have taken the Teachers as ACT Coaches, but it also benefits all teachers who are involved with ACT prep. By observing the class, teachers learn pacing strategies and how students respond to questions.
ACT Fishbowl Academy Cost
- $75/teacher for a packet of workbooks, test, lesson plans, and classroom PowerPoints; teachers who have taken Teachers as ACT Coaches class use their workshop materials and there is no additional cost.